Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reading groups completed a mini project

This week two reading groups completed a mini project around an object on our discovery table.

As part of the project they needed to make the insect or creature using materials around the classroom, do an observational drawing of the object (looking closely with a magnifying glass) and write questions or 'I wonder' statements to later answer in books and on the computer. 

 Amber's caterpillar
I wonder what caterpillars eat.
I wonder if they eat any bugs.

 Mackenzie's, Kiara's and Taane's crabs
I wonder what crabs eat.
I wonder what crabs do.
I wonder how big their nippers can get.
I wonder where they live.
 Aimee and Daisy's Red Admiral Butterfly
Why do butterflies have antennas?
Why do butterflies have 4 legs and 4 wings?
How many types of butterflies are there in the world?
Monty's Ladybird
Why is a Ladybird a beetle?
I wonder what ladybirds eat.
Where do ladybirds live?
Why are some ladybirds orange and some are red?

No comments:

Post a Comment