Thursday, October 13, 2016

Some super writing this week.

Check out James' memoir.


Home
Our lives in Queensberry are dependent on the wind. In the summer, it is dry, hot and overrun with rabbits. In the winter, it is wet and icy with low lying fog, preventing me from seeing the hill.


In the summer, the main place that I spend my time is outside digging up rabbits and finding bird nests until it’s tea time. When we are digging up the rabbits, it is just Patch (my dog) and I. Patch is only a fox terrier so he isn’t the quickest digging dog, but he has a good nose. When the hole gets caved in by my digging with a spade, Patch clears out the hole. I reach down the holes and pull the rabbits out and feed them to Patch. He is the killer. 



I have never had any sympathy for rabbits, but every now and then we keep one as a pet. But usually, to cut a long story short, they die.  


Kate's awesome writing
My Holidays
On the way to Christchurch Mum, Anna, Pip and I got a weird text from Jason (my Uncle) who was checking up on Ruby my pregnant dog. The text that he sent said I’ll check up on her in 10 minutes. We started to get suspicious, so we called Dad, who was at work. He said Ruby (my dog) had already had 2 golden labradors.

20 minutes later Jason texted saying she had four more black puppies, then saying she had another golden puppy. The final number was 7.

I started to ask Mum all these questions like how long until they open their eyes, when can they walk. At the time we didn’t know there was a runt. Mum said to “stop talking” and that it is giving her a headache.
She said “have a sleep.” I could not get to sleep at a time like this.

When We got to Christchurch, the traffic was so busy, we went straight to the apartment. Time flew by and soon enough we were in a taxi going to the Horncastle Arena, but I could not take my mind off the puppies.

We were waiting outside of the consent for ages, I was starting to get cold and annoyed, finally they let us in. I thought the consent was going to take the puppies off my mind, but it did not. I wish I was at home with the puppies, I guess I'll just have to wait.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment