Friday, May 9, 2014

Courage Memoirs

Room 6 have been writing about a time they showed bravery or courage.


Capture the flag

I went face first. And I did not talk. If I talked I would cry. It just happened when I ran down the yellow bars off the fort because I knew I would get tug. I have to get up I thought, to get back in the game.

My leg hurt. I keep going. I was focused on the flag that I was going to get from the other team. I was running to it. I got tug. It was Jamie. I froze until Chilli saved me.

George called “Attention!” We ran to line up. Our team had won.

 By Anthony

 Parasailing

 When I saw the boat I got tingly in my hands it was like pins and needles because I saw the big parasail. When they gave me my big harness it felt loose. I fiddled heaps with the buckle. Then my name got called up. I said “what happens if I don’t do it right?” to the guy. The guy said “it’s easy.”

Then before I could take a breath, I was 122 metres high. It was quite lovely. The guy pressed a button which towed me into the boat. I landed on the trampoline. When I got down the guy said “you are my hero,” because I was the youngest kid to do it. I couldn’t stop thinking about the view.
 
By Jack
 
The time I got a big prickle in my foot

“I am not going into the water” I said to Mum. I kept walking away. I didn’t want to go into the water because it would sting. Mum said “please get in the water.” “No” I say. My hands whiten as I hold onto the door. I take a deep breath and let go of the door.

 After a lot of convincing, I dip my toes into the water to check the temperature. I get in hoping it wouldn’t sting. It wasn’t bad after all.
By Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment